Purpose: prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences; assertion of civil law claims; access control; exercise of domiciliary rights
Legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO
Legitimate interests being pursued:
Protection against unauthorized access, theft and similar crimes, protection against access/access to confidential information, exercise of our domiciliary rights, investigation and prosecution of possible crimes and the enforcement of civil law claims
Storage duration or criteria for determining the duration:
The personal data of the video recording are usually overwritten after 48 hours at the latest. In the event of the investigation and prosecution of possible criminal offences or the enforcement of civil law claims, they are deleted immediately if they are no longer required to achieve the purpose. The video data of the intercom systems ("doorbell") are not stored. Those of the internal, non-publicly accessible and marked security areas, such as technical rooms, will be stored for up to 12 months.
Information on the rights of the persons concerned:
1. the data subject has the right to obtain confirmation from the data controller as to whether personal data relating to him/her is being processed; if this is the case, he/she has the right to obtain information on this personal data and the information specified in Art. 15 of the DPA.
2. the data subject has the right to request the controller to correct incorrect personal data concerning him/her without delay and, if necessary, to complete incomplete personal data, Art. 16 DPA
3. the data subject has the right to request the controller to delete personal data relating to him/her without delay if one of the reasons listed in Art. 17 DPA applies, for example if the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected (right of deletion).
4. the data subject has the right to request the controller to restrict processing if one of the conditions listed in Art. 18 FADP is met, e.g. if the data subject has lodged an objection to processing, for the duration of the controller's examination.
5. the data subject has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her. The controller shall then no longer process the personal data, unless he can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing that are worthy of protection, which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, Art. 21 DPA.
6. without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her is contrary to the DPA, Art. 77 DPA. The data subject may invoke this right before a supervisory authority in the Member State in which he or she is resident, at his or her place of work or at the place where the alleged infringement is committed. In North Rhine-Westphalia, the competent supervisory authority is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia, Postfach 20 04 44, 40102 Düsseldorf, Tel.:0211/38424-0, Fax: 0211/38424-10, E-Mail: email@example.com.